Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Booting Bill O'Reilly

(Image by Glenn McCoy)
I limit my network news viewing almost exclusively to FOX News.  Any remaining viewing time I have left, I devote to local news stations.

So I have to admit, that up until mid last week, I only glanced at the headlines of Bill O'Reilly's sexual harassment scandal from other networks.

Despite my affection for FOX, the only reason I'd tune in to Bill's show, The Factor, was to hear what his guests had to say.

That is--if I could actually hear them.  Bill was too bombastic for my tastes.  I disliked the way he interrupted and talked-over his guests--especially if they were women.

This past Thursday FOX blandly announced O'Reilly will not return, while other news agencies trumpeted he was fired, and O'Reilly's legal team said he resigned.

For any of you other FOX viewers, there will be a new prime time lineup starting next month.

This isn't the only lawsuit faced by the "Fair & Balanced" network though. Last year, Gretchen Carlson filed a sexual harassment suit against CEO Roger Ailes

I've notice over the past few years that several women left FOX News for various reasons--including sexual harassment claims.  And not just the anchor women either; but contributing commentators like Kirsten Powers, Mary Katherine Ham and S.E. Cupp, just to name a few.

Amid all the justifiable hoopla over all the sexual harassment allegations, leftists still have a habit of being selective about the cases they get truly spun up about.  Brent Bozell pointed out the element of hypocrisy in the Anti-O'Reilly Army.

And there's a growing e-mail trail that there was a leftist campaign to oust O'Reilly.

But even if every allegation is "fake news," I'm not glad to see Bill O'Reilly get the boot--but I'm not sorry either.

(Image by Gary Varvel)

No comments:

Post a Comment