Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Waking Up to Ashfall

For nearly 26 years, where ever I lived; I'd drive to the gym 3-6 days a week in the pre-dawn darkness in just about every weather condition imaginable (and sort-of safe to travel in).

You know, the whole Neither snow nor rain... spiel about nothing keeping me from my workouts.

Yesterday though, was the first time I drove through ash fall from one of the many wildfires burning up our Evergreen State.

While my wife was at work, where the ash fall and smoky haze were worse; she said it reminded her of the Mount St. Helens eruption.

The Seattle Times put a more mundane spin on our predicament:  Ash falls like snow as wildfire rage in the Pacific Northwest.

So while large chunks of real estate in Texas and Louisiana are still underwater due to Hurricane Harvey; Washington, Idaho, Montana and Oregon are tinder-dry and burning to a crisp.

KHQ-6 has a full list of wildfires burning in Washington, Idaho and Montana.

In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey and with Hurricane Irma bearing down on Florida I'm not all that keen about praying for rain in a "be careful what you wish for" sort of way.

While Washington State isn't known for it's sunshiny beaches, we have gotten severe "nor'westers" in the past.

And:  Winter is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment