Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

It's the Economy, Stupid II

(Image from Funnypages.org)

Our Dear Leader's political advisor, said people aren't likely to consider our nation's unemployment rate as a factor in the 2012 election.

Ian Swanson wrote about this "don't worry, be happy" news in The Hill yesterday: 


My favorite passage in the article: 

Plouffe said, according to Bloomberg. “People won’t vote based on the unemployment rate, they’re going to vote based on: ‘How do I feel about my own situation? Do I believe the president makes decisions based on me and my family?’ ”

Spoken like a true liberal: Don't worry, our Dear Leader has things well in hand and will take care of you.
My friends chimed in with:
 
 
If that is the way they really see things then I say be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Between people who are unemployed, underemployed, insecure about their employment (whether real or perceived), or insecure about their childrens' future (whether real or perceived), they may not like the answers they get to Plouffe's question.

I've long been critical of conservatives who relish the economy and other
aspects of the country going bad in order to hurt the Democrats. However,
this president is so bad I'm starting to cheer things like high
unemployment, if only...to punish America for being stupid and
ensure the current reigning bozo gets the boot.

Happily, said bozo's peeps are really digging their heads down into the
sand.


Another way of looking at this - is Plouffe the Douche suggesting that the unemployment rate is not a big deal because it will not factor in the 2012 election and therefore the President shouldn't worry about it? Yeah, that sounds like very sound political advice to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment