Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Denied Travel for Terminally ill

(Image by Mike Lester)

I usually don't comment on end-of-life/right-to-die issues.  It's too hot of a hot-button issue for me to handle, with a solid-grey overcast moral issues.

It's one thing for a contentious debate to erupt over what's the most humane course of action (or inaction) to take for someone who's terminally ill.

It's quite another for a government to deny a terminally ill person the right to travel outside the country, where help is offered.

Such was the case of Alfie Evans (2016-2018), the British infant who died this past Saturday.

Mark Steyn asked:  Life belongs only to the strong?

Ashton Birdie, I YouTuber I recently stumbled across, discussed the truth about the UK's "free" healthcare.

Not only did Her Majesty's Government deny the Evans family a chance to travel elsewhere to help their ailing son, but Merseyside Police will be monitoring social media--and may act--against those expressing their displeasure over this tragedy

I take some comfort that I'm an American posting within our nation's borders.

However, our borders, and my right to post any wrongthink seems to get iffier and iffier by the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment