Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Iraq: Third Time's the Charm?

(Image by Gary Varvel)

Here's another Obama "success" in the making:  20,000 foreign fighters flock to the middle east to join ISIS

But fear not.  Our Dear Leader has asked Congress for a war powers resolution to combat the Islamic State--but without ground troops and with a built-in three-year exit strategy.  (I've grown to hate the term "exit strategy" with a passion).

Despite such stringent limitations, Obama confidently claimed ISIS is "...on the defensive."

I sincerely hope Obama's plan can truly "degrade and destroy" ISIS as he claims he wants to do.

But with "successes" like Iraq and Afghanistan...

(Image by Michael Ramirez)
...not to mention Yemen, that I posted about yesterday, let's just say my confidence isn't very high. 

2 comments:

  1. Bring our troops home and don't send them overseas again. Nothing in the Middle East is any business or responsibility of the US government or the American tax payer. If Europe needs the oil, let them fight to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I completely disagree with your sentiment Chris. I don't mind our country intervening when our national interests are at stake--even if it's demonstrating to allies and adversaries that we stand by our word. My big beef is putting troops in harms way without a clear strategic goal. I thoroughly despise the term "exit strategy," and "degrading" is almost as bad. Any time we deploy military forces we should be thinking in terms of "winning" and "victory."
    Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete