Pages

Friday, June 24, 2016

Britain Votes to Leave the European Union

I'm just waking up to this news:

Yesterday, Britain voted to leave the EU.

I haven't blogged about the contentious "Brexit" vote among our cousins across the Atlantic until now.

My opinion of international organizations like the EU, and especially the UN is low--even lower than my feelings towards many of our national agencies.

So my off-the-cuff reaction is that I'm glad Britons voted to remain an island nation politically and economically and not just geographically.

A lot of folks cited economic benefits for remaining within the EU, but as Mark Steyn has commented throughout his writings on this matter--there's more at stake than money.

With the continent being overrun with Muslim "refugees" and jihadists in the fold; Britons, at least 52% of them, are looking at preserving what remains of their culture.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of tea-leaf reading in the days ahead as to whether or not Brexit is beneficial to Britons, and the rest of the world.

But in the meantime, I'll cheer:  Rule Britannia!

No comments:

Post a Comment