Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Pokemon Go Declared Un-Islamic in Saudi Arabia

(Image by Steve Kelley)
I've been off-line for a few days so I'm just catching up with the headlines on all the fun & games going on at the Republican National Convention.

But before I start posting about the Pachyderm Parade's circus, and speaking of games:  Saudi Arabia declared Pokemon GO "haram."

That is, un-Islamic.

Personally, I don't get the appeal of this new app/game.  I love gaming, especially the tabletop variety.  And I want to maintain a distinct line between gaming and reality.

But this is merely the opinion of one middle-aged blogger inside the Ramparts of Civilization who wouldn't think about banning the game.

The Islamic world, doesn't think like this though.


No comments:

Post a Comment