Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Slowdown at Station WTFO

(Image found on Facebook)

This past week has been a long and intense one at the agency where I work.  And things are likely to stay this way for the foreseeable future.

I also have a growing list of domestic projects I need to do, along with gaming projects I want to do.

But the news cycle, both fake and real, continues on.

There's a lot going on within our country...

(Image by Chip Bok in reference to the Google engineer being fired for his "anti-diversity" memo)

...and beyond our borders...

(Image by Michael Ramirez, in reference to Trump's "Fire and Fury" rhetoric in response to Kim Jong Un threatening Guam)

(Image by Michael Ramirez in reference to Maduro's power grab in Venezuela)

...that I'd love to post about at length.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the time to read in-depth about current events, let alone add my two cents to the subjects at hand in a coherent manner.

What I'm hoping I can do is post at least once a week.  I know I've often done this in the past due to my rotating work schedule, or going on vacations.  But this slowdown will more the norm than the exception.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of a Top Story of the Week, or Weekly Roundup of news, along with applicable, attributed political cartoons.  Or both, if I can manage it.

Either way, I'm not planning on signing off the air anytime soon.  Just needing to slow down the transmission rate.

Thank you for staying tuned to Station WTFO.

No comments:

Post a Comment