Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Dodging the Economic Downturn

I managed to avoid one particular impact of the recession/economic downturn/whatever. The story of GM closing 1,000 dealerships made front page news in this morning's print edition of the Tacoma News Tribune.

Why? Because at least 3 big dealerships here in Tacoma received "The Letter" on Thursday--including Robert Larson Chrysler-Jeep-Hyundai, where I bought my Jeep Liberty.

http://www.looklarson.com/

And no that's not me driving in the picture. Although I've driven in places like this in military Hummers.

Not only did I buy the Jeep, but the GM Maintenance Package too. When I read the first paragraph, my reaction was "Aw s**t! Now what the **** am I going to do!" Fortunately, according to the paper, the dealership's service department will remain open. (Whew!).

A good thing too. I just had the timing chain replaced last week. This was a 6-day job and I had to get a rental car. Lucky for me the timing chain was still under warranty, so I didn't have to pay for it--or the rental.

Here's the GM draw-down/restructuring story that nearly gave me a heart attack this morning:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/topstories/story/742279.html

No comments:

Post a Comment