Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Confederate Flag Kerfuffle

(Image by Lisa Benson)

My family and I are still in the process of settling my late mother's estate.

During this time, I see leftists are still in the process of politicalizing the mass murder of members of a black congregation by a single racist loon.

The "Stars & Bars" has been the focus of leftist ire of late.

Having been born in Boston, MA and raised in Upstate NY, I've always considered myself a "Billy Yank" on subjects involving the CSA (Confederate States of America), and the ACW (American Civil War).

I do indeed have some "Johnny Reb" friends, and not a single one would condone the shooting in Charleston, SC.

The Diplomad, rolled-in a couple days ago on this subject: On Rebel Flags and Progressive Targets.

My feelings about the current display of the Stars & Bars mirrors my own, along with the concern of possibly banning an historic symbol, albeit a controversial one.

Todd Starnes observed the "Dukes of Hazard" just got culturally cleansed.  Despite the appeal Daisy Duke may have had for me when I was younger, I never watched the show and I'm not a fan. 

However, the ongoing progrom is plain wrong.

Yesterday, Ann Coulter explained why we mostly hear about white "micro-aggressions."

And Star Parker reminds us that government and politics won't solve our racial problems.


(Image by Bob Gorrell)

No comments:

Post a Comment