Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Opening Shot of the Great War Centennial


I meant to post this on Saturday, 28 June, but I wasn't feeling well, so I ended up staying off line.  Three days ago marked the 100th anniversary of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife, Sophie

Many people think that something as far back as a century ago has no impact on our lives today.  When in fact, the spark that ignited The Great War, is the shot heard down the years

Fourteen years ago, while I was on active duty, I was stationed in Sarajevo for three months.  While there, I managed to at least drive by the Latin Bridge.  Unfortunately, due to our hectic work schedule and restrictions on movement, I never managed to do a proper historic site walkabout. 

So I'm afraid you'll have to do with this stock photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment