Pages

Friday, May 12, 2017

Tunnel Collapse at the Hanford Site

(Image from:  KOIN 6
A few days ago, a tunnel collapsed at the Hanford Nuclear Site.  Fortunately, there was no radiation release.

The accident occurred during the day shift hours where I work at Washington State Emergency Management.  I was on night shift at the time and came on duty several hours after the event.  Thankfully, the situation was winding down. 

Now it's a matter of getting to the site of the collapse and repairing the damage.  Our agency will continue to monitor the situation until the "all clear" is given.

(Image from:  Business Insider)
Note:  I intended to post this earlier, but I was busy at work, and I wanted to write about the "Comey Catastrophe" during my short off-duty time while it was still front-page news.

No comments:

Post a Comment