Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Leftists Triggered by Trump's Transgender Tweets

(Image by Mike Lester)

Well, a few days ago Our Drunk Dialer in-Chief triggered leftists nation-wide when he tweeted that the US government would not "...accept or allow...Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. military."

 And as usual with Trump's tweets, the rest of his administration is trying to catch up.  In this case, the Joint Chiefs of Staff said there'll be no changes on transgender policy until the White House issues guidance.

The Great White North's Ministry of Defense responded that they'll promote the recruitment of transgender troops.

No word yet from any of the Muslim countries on whether or not they'll allow transgender individuals to join their respective military forces.

Now before I continue on, I'd like to state that I have a shred of insight on Gender Dysphoria (formerly known as Gender Identity Disorder).  I was raised by a high-strung and high maintenance mother; while later in my first marriage, I discovered that my first ex wife hated being a woman.  She was convinced God specifically cursed her to toil-out her days here on earth as a woman.

So I know what it's like to live in close quarters with someone who despises the gender they were born as.  This was actually the least of my issues with her.

Throughout my upbringing, and Hell-on-Earth first marriage, along with my depressing second marriage I've spent most of my life imagining I was someplace else, with someone else, and even being someone else. Which probably explains, in part, my interest in speculative fiction, wargames, roleplaying games and dressing up as action-adventure heroes during comic book conventions.

As a retired military member though, I would never think of overturning our military norms and traditions to cater to whatever my identity crisis flights of fancy took me.  I view Sex Reassignment Surgery as an extensive form of cosmetic surgery that allows one to LARP through life.

The U.S. military has one job, and one job only:  To wage war against our nation's enemies.  Or as my military buddies and I like to say--to kill bad guys and break their toys.

It shouldn't be a test-bed for leftists social engineering experiments.

Try that on our professional and Olympic sports teams first, and see how that turns out, before you send our men and women into harms way.

I'm not the only one who thinks this way.  According to a Rasmussen poll conducted last month, 23% thought having transgenders in the military was a good idea, while it was nearly divided between "bad" and "no impact."

I could ramble on about this, but I'll let Gavin McInnes do it--in drag even.

And finally I'll leave it to this wounded warrior, referenced in Gavin's video, who explained Trump's transgender ban in one incredible Tweet thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment