Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2018

A Tale of Two Comediennes

(Image by Bob Gorrell)

Earlier this week, Roseanne Barr found herself canned from ABC within hours of tweeting disparaging remarks about Valerie Jarrett.

So here's the part where I'm suppose to virtue signal my outrage in order to convince the leftist mob I'm not a racist.

Consider that square filled.

I never cared for Roseanne Barr, and despite her newfound conservative-ish-ism, had no intention of watching her now short-lived show.  At the same time, I never cared for Valerie Jarrett either, and considered her the Obama Administration's version of Rasputin.

Even without any racist over, or undertones, I was taught never to insult anyone's appearance.

I'm certainly not upset over Roseanne's show being cancelled especially since she's had a long history of being a nutjob.  And I wouldn't even bother to comment on this rumpus about alleged racism if it weren't for the leftists' double-standard on this subject.

(Image by Mike Lester)

The other night, Samantha Bee, a woman I've never heard of until now, called Ivanka Trump a "feckless cunt", for posting a lovely picture of her holding her son.  Which, by the way, was slammed as "tone deaf" by celebrities.

Yeah, this bat-guano crazy fits right in there with being triggered over prom dresses, Disney princess costumes, and just about anything else snowflakes can think of.

Anyway, Sammy the Smear Monger apologized--just like Roseanne did--and some sponsors dutifully dumped her.  But she still gets to keep her late night gig, and whatever past accomplishments she achieved isn't being cast down the Memory Hole.  Liz Wheeler

Liz Wheeler thought Sammy should be shit-canned, while calling-out Roseanne; but Dennis Miller explained how she'll skate by due to the mudslinging ways of the Twitterverse.

Meanwhile, Mark Steyn observed that Sammy the Smear Monger's use of the "c-word" was due to the "f-word" has lost its power.

Oh, there's more to this tale of triggering, and more to come to be sure.

For now, I'll leave you with Brittany Hughes' invitation to have a REAL conversation about racism.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either.  On the positive side though, Sammy the Smear Monger and her ilk could actually help get Our Grand Nagus re-elected.

As for the fate of Roseanne's show and future employment options:  Quite frankly, my dears, I don't give a damn.

(Henry Payne)

No comments:

Post a Comment