Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Keeping Up With Today's News


Anyone following this blog may notice that I don't post news stories every day.  In fact, it's been a week since my last blog post.  I'm not a full-time journalist, so keeping up with breaking news can be extremely difficult; especially when I'm busy with my own job, or maintaining my home, running errands, etc.

In other words, dealing with the usual mundane tasks in life that fill up any given day.

Another reason for a low post-count is that some stories aren't "buzz-worthy."  I like posting comments from my like-minded friends and while breaking news abounds, thanks to today's 24/7 news-cycle, reaction to many stories is:  "Meh."

Timing is another important factor.  After a day or two, most stories become "ancient history."  That is, unless the story "has legs" and people are still talking about it--like last year's oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

While I may not get to every story, every day, there doesn't seem to be any shortage on the ones that make my friends and I say "WTF!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment