Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Iraq Not-Quite-A-War III?

(Image by Nate Beeler)
A few days ago, Our Dear Leader gave a speech promising a sustained effort to rout the ISIS militants.

I didn't watch the speech and for the past couple of days, I haven't been on-line long enough to read and comment about it.  I figured if Obama had said anything worthwhile, like "...we shall fight on the beaches..." I would have caught it during my cursory glances.

From what I'm reading now, the ISIS Speech seems like a typical PC-laden snoozer.

Although, Comrade Karla is hopping made about about this NYT tidbit:

I was upset when I read this line:  "Unlike Mr. Bush in the Iraq war, Mr. Obama has sought to surround the United States with partners."
WTF?!?!?!  Bush 41 had 80+ partners in the war.  Bush 43 had something like two dozen commit ground forces.  Obama has Saudi, UAE...and some crickets.
This is the sort of horribly biased reporting that drives me nuts.

Yeah, it drives me nuts too Comrade.  I've had personal dealings with folks who believe the Big Lie 'bout Cowboy Dubya "goin' alone" in Iraq.

(Image by Glenn Foden)
Obama might not believe ISIS is Islamic, but Greg Gutfeld reminds us what the "I" in ISIS stands for.

Finally, it's easy to be cynical about this, since we've Obama's been lying about the situation in Iraq for years, while most, if not all, us like-minded folks saw Iraq imploding once we pulled out en mass.

(Image by Steve Kelley)

No comments:

Post a Comment