Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Trump's Tumultuous Relationship With the Press

(Image by Bob Gorrell)
Yesterday, Trump tweeted that the mainstream media is the enemy of the American people. 

Now my opinion of the leftist news outlets is very low, which I've clearly indicated on my posts over the years.  But I've used other adjectives to describe the press, saving "enemy" for the various jihadists, Iran, North Korea, etc.

Semantics aside, at least one CBS anchor admitted the press ruined its own reputation.

Boy did they ever.

The press has hit rock bottom, and ever since Election Day lefty journalists have been digging.

Jeff Crouere put it best:  Media lapdogs become rabid attack dogs.

And how.

Before heading to the gym this morning, I caught a headline about a proposal to mobilize the National Guard to round up illegal aliens.  I'm glad I didn't cut my workout short to read the article because it turned out AP blew it, although the story continued to trend on Facebook.

Whether the lefty journalists are true enemies-of-the-state, or are peddling in fake news, one thing is certain:  They don't like playing second-fiddle to conservative news outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment