Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Bi-Coastal Weather Woes

(Image by Gary Varvel)

I've been off-duty, and off-line for nearly a week.  Which means I haven't been paying any attention to the daily dramedy surrounding Grand Nagus Trumpler.

I even unplug from local news when I'm off-duty, unless I happen to stumble across some all-caps headline.

Two nights ago, I attended our first quarterly training meeting, and was surprised to discover nearly a dozen counties in WA State are under a Flood Watch, while several rivers are under Flood Warnings.

Our weather woes are due to a perfect storm of warmer temperatures, heavy rain and mountain snowmelt.

Despite the rising waters, we're luckier here in the Pacific Northwest, than in the northeast where  Winter Storm Stella dumped more than three feet of snow in some places and caused 11 deaths.


For now, our biggest environmental concern is a crippled sewage treatment plant continues to pump untreated sewage into Puget Sound.

I'll get back to smelly aspects of domestic politics and foreign affairs as soon as I get caught up on what's going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment