Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Learning to Link & Lightening Up


A blog is a perpetual work-in-progress, since there is always something that can be improved upon. A friend of mine just showed me how to use the Link function in Blogger's toolbar. 

So now I can turn this:  http://www.marksteyn.com/ ...

...into this:  Mark Steyn 

It may not improve my writing, but it will help make my posts more presentable.

And speaking of presentable, I also changed the template.  Initially, I liked the black, X-File-esque background.  The black template went well with the heading photo.  But after reading comments from professional writers, I learned that most people hate black backgrounds with white letters.  Apparently it's also harder on a reader's eyes.

So I tried "lightening up."  Unfortunately all the lighter templates used dark lettering, which blended into the heading photo, making it nearly impossible to read.  Plus the dark photo, stood out like the proverbial sore thumb.  The current template, I hope is a happy compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment