Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Bridge Over-Reactiongate

(Image by Eric Allie)

I spent the past week helping an injured friend and his family, so I've been off the grid and not paying any attention to the news.  I don't know about you folks, but I find myself doing this more and more.

Anyway, I did notice New Jersey's Governor, Chris Christie, is being grilled over "Bridgegate."  I've watched little TV coverage and read even less about it, the thumbnail sketch being:  One of Christie's staffers thought it be a cool idea to block some of the traffic lanes on the George Washington Bridge during rush hour and blame the hoopla on a town's Democrat mayor.  

What I noticed even more than the scandal itself is the reaction of the media knaves in Obama's Court.  It's been whispered that Christie may be the most likely candidate to usurp the 2016 crown from Queen Hillary and thus spoiling the coronation party.  

The way the media's been carrying on, you'd think closing down a few traffic lanes for a few hours was worse than leaving Americans to die (Benghazi), allowing guns to fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels (Fast and Furious), targeting conservative groups (IRS), or spying on Americans (NSA).

Another point of difference is the way Christie and Obama have reacted when a scandal, "phony" or otherwise, erupts...

(Image by Robert Ariail) 

No comments:

Post a Comment