Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pre-Natal Redline

(Image by Eric Allie)
After leaving the mudslide area in WA State, Obama toured several Asian nations that are still considered allies--so far.  One of the purposes of this Pacific Jaunt was to reassure jittery allies that we've got their back if China decides to "go all Crimea" on any of them.

But Our Dear Leader is a politician and a leftist one at that.  So of course he had to add this bit o' newspeak:  "The treaty between the U.S. and Japan preceded my birth, so obviously this isn't the red line I'm drawing..."

(Possible translation:  "I'd love to side with my communist brethren behind the Great Wall on this one, but hey, my hands are tied").

Comrade Karla felt Obama was telling Japan--you're on your own.

A a short discussion then ensued:

That is a fatlly flawed article - how does our NATO obligations cover the Senkakus?!?
I am less irked at POTUS's statement -- he made it clear that we consider the Senkakus covered by our umbrella over Japan.  That's remarkably forthright in laying down a red line (OK, maybe a poor choice of words for this goombah).  I agree that the ultimate DIPLOMATIC resolution is none of our business and we have no dog in the fight, but to say we consider an attack on the Senkakus an attack on Japan is pretty strong for this diplo-loser president

Part of me thinks he’s trying to be as incoherent as possible so that later any “interpretation” desired can be put on past statements.

Yes -- he's a little gun shy at the term "red line" given his past stupidity.  And, I agree -- it's pretty weaselly and chicken-sh** to say "it's not my deal but I guess I'm stuck with it."

Meanwhile, the AP points out that while the U.S. is drawing down, China's splurging.

Maybe my wargaming buddies and I should be playing the new--and eerily timely--game Breaking the Chains: War in the South China Sea.

Well, no matter what the next several years bring, I'm sure the Obama acolytes will be too busy devoting themselves to the Dear Leader Library to care about what happens half-a-world away.

(Image by Glenn McCoy)
I'm sure the section the Tea Party, Republicans, and Conservatives will be chock-full of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment