Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Breaching the Walls of Camelot



(Image:  "Idylls of the King")

I was less than five years old when JFK was shot 50 years ago today, so I don't have any first-hand recollections on what his presidency was really like.

I've hear his famous "Ask not what your country can do for you..." quote and thought his spurring the nation on to put a man on the moon was really cool.  Other than that, I've viewed him as an okay leader at best. 

I certainly don't think any American president deserves to be assassinated--even a bad one--but I've never gotten spun-up over the "grassy knoll," "magic bullet," conspiracy theories swirling around JFK's death.

Over the years, the tidbits we've learned about JFK, like his rampant womanizing, have made me flip the "dislike" button.

None of JFK's antics made it into the headlines during his administration, thanks to a protective media, which they're now desperately trying to do for Obama.

Here's two scathing commentaries about JFK and his presidency:

First Derek Hunter exposes the myth of JFK.

Next, The Diplomad rolls-in with some personal recollections, but but follows-up with a scathing assessment of the man and his presidency.

I wish JFK hadn't been shot and killed, but I can't say that I disagree with Diplomad or Mr. Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment