Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Business Advice from Boromir

(Image crated using Make A Meme

The other day I thought I'd contribute to the plethora of Borormir memes and concoct one alluding to the Gillette commercial I recently wrote about. 

I only posted it on Facebook to my own page and a couple of military sites.

The military guys all liked it to some degree, or at least tolerated it.

The reactions from folks seeing it on my personal page were a bit varied.  Most people liked it, but I managed to trigger a few folks. 

One of them was a cousin of mine.  He was actually nice about it and debated with me about the tone of the Gillette commercial. 

An acquaintance made a comment relating the Gillette commercial to Nike's Colin Kapernich one, along with a couple of likes or sad-faces in response to the debate I was having with my cousin.

Then there was a fellow table-top gamer who posted this:  "...If this commercial insulted you then you are one of the people it is directed at..."

I didn't think twice about responding and instead unfriended him, knowing full-well that I'll frequently run into him during local gaming events.

This is essentially the same attitude the Gillette commercial imposes on men:  If you are not going to be part of the "solution," (as Gillette and their SJW minions see it), then you are part of the problem.

I just want a peaceful, clean shave each morning.

But this is also typical of the Regressives:  People must be bombarded by political-social messages 24/7/365--with overtime on the "patriarchal," "sexist," and "racist" holidays.

I'll leave you with Sargon of Akkad's The Best Men Can Be: An Autopsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment