Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pregnant Woman Sentenced to Death in Sudan

(Image from www.express.co.uk)
When I'm off duty, I rarely tune into the news.  The first time I heard about the plight of Meriam Yehya Ibrahim Ishag was on Facebook.  A friend of mine posted this story, demanding us so-called Christians "do something."  Well a lively, but respectful debate ensued about what individuals can do vs. what the government can do vs. what the media chooses as newsworthy.

Speaking of lively debates, The Five on FOX News rolled-in on this subject.

The article my friend cited actually came from CNN, which surprised me that any non-FOX News agency would bother reporting about the ongoing persecution of Christians beyond the "Ramparts of Civilization"

Of course, it's going to take decisive diplomatic action (military action?) to get the Sudanese government to change their tune, especially since they've been waging a genocidal campaign in Darfur since 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment