Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Wayward Hikers Returned


The two hiker dudes were freed from Iranian prison the other day and are now back in USA.  You know the same America Michelle Obama hasn't been proud of, until her hubby got elected.  The trio of hikers, pictured above are cut from similar cloth.  One of them, Bauer, admitted they all oppose US policies towards Iran.  His comment is nestled within the story as told by Yahoo News. 

One of them, (I'm not sure who), goes as far to say their capture was in response to our terrorist prison in Guantanamo Bay (aka "Gitmo").  The press conference containing this bit o' logic can be seen via Theodore's World.

As an American, I'm glad my fellow citizens are free. However, I'm not overjoyed.  I mean, what kind of morons are they to go traipsing around the Iranian border? 

My friends had the following comments:

I’m thinking it was more “Iran held you because you showed exceedingly poor judgment.” (Not because you're American).

I’m thinking more like equal parts of the two.

They’re also a couple of Blame America Firsters, so I’m not particularly impressed with either their logic or worried overmuch about their fate.

Yeah. The money paid to have them released would have been better spent reducing the national debt…

Here's a comment I really love:

It's one thing to land in the Ocean of Reality. It is quite another to refuse to acknowledge that one is even wet....

My $0.02 among the e-mail exchange was this:


""Many times, too many times, we heard the screams of other prisoners being beaten and there was nothing we could do to help them," Fattal said."
Tsk. That's really a shame the other prisoners were beaten because "...U.S. policies towards Iran which perpetuate this hostility.

No comments:

Post a Comment